How to lose weight quickly and effectively is an urgent question for most women and many men. We all want to achieve fast and impressive results at home. However, an overwhelming number of ways that promise this do not satisfy us in the long run and are difficult to maintain.
Let us describe what we are striving for in search of an effective weight loss program:
- Significant reduction of appetite so that you do not suffer from unquenchable hunger
- A fairly fast rate of fat loss (not just water! )
- Improving well-being - both physical and mental
- Normalization of objective health indicators
For all these reasonable purposes, modern science comes to our aid.
Below we list the key steps towards a successful path to a lean and healthy body.
Step 1: Severe restriction of soluble carbohydrates
The most important part of success is removing all kinds of sugars and starchy foods from your diet, simply put, sweet fruits, starchy and high glycemic.
This is due to the fact that this food more actively stimulates insulin production. Hormone is this hormone that is directly related to the deposition of fat in all depots, among which excess subcutaneous fat looks the ugliest.
When insulin levels drop, the body becomes able to use fat deposits - to generate energy for life.
Another positive consequence is the ability to remove excess water from the tissues, which the kidneys will do successfully once the ubiquitous hormone stops coming out of the scale. As a result, without special preparations, you will lose that excess fluid that made you heavier and heavier.
Not surprisingly, people on a low carb diet lose up to 4. 5 kg in their first week. Often this figure is even higher!
Surprisingly, by reducing the amount of fat in the diet, people still counted calories and were subjectively fed (they felt hungry after eating). At the time, despite a carb-restricted diet, followers could afford to eat until they were full.
A pronounced effect of excluding sugars is the fact that hunger is clearly reduced, and the feeling of satiety itself comes earlier. This leads to the fact that the diet is followed without excessive voluntary effort - on autopilot. Comfortable weight loss is an old dream of millions of people!
Summary:Reducing carbohydrates lowers blood insulin, reduces appetite and allows you to lose excess weight without feeling constantly hungry.
Step 2: Eat protein, fats and vegetables
Consistency is important here: every meal should contain protein, fat and vegetables.
By following this rule, you will often automatically achieve a goal of limiting carbohydrates - in the range of 25-50 grams per day.
Let's identify the useful sources of protein:
- Meat - beef, chicken, turkey, pork, lamb.
- Fish and seafood - perch, perch, salmon, trout, shrimp.
- Eggs - chicken and quail.
The contribution of getting enough protein in the arrangement cannot be overstated. By increasing the consumption of irreplaceable building materials for our body, we actively accelerate metabolism.
Research shows other benefits of a high-protein diet:
- According to some data, the reduction of general anxiety reaches 60% (! ).
- Reducing periods of hunger at night.
- Improving the condition of the skin, hair and nails.
When wondering how to lose weight fast, it's really worth it to happily submit to the king of nutrients - protein!
Let's list the vegetables with a low amount of carbohydrates:
- White cabbage.
- Brussels sprouts.
- Bulgarian pepper.
- A tomato.
Look at the whole list with a keen eye: here is another secret of a slim toned body! Do not be afraid to eat lots of salads! Even 5 large plates of salads a day will not allow you to exceed your carbohydrate intake (25-50 grams per day).
A big bonus for such a diet is a large amount of fiber, vitamins and mineral salts, which give the body a wealth of essential nutrients and form a regular high quality cleanser.
Recalling the healing sources of fats:
- Olive oil.
- Pumpkin seed oil.
- Butter (in moderation).
- And other vegetable oils.
The first two oils should be used unrefined, pressed in the cold and not heated during cooking. They contain a harmonious combination of Omega 3, 6, 9 essential fatty acids, which allows our vessels and nervous system to stay strong and healthy for a long time.
Do not make the mistake of many weight loss fans and do not combine both diets into one. You should choose either low carb or low fat. Otherwise, it is very easy to cut the diet critically and make it dangerously poor in composition.
Partial feeding should not bother you: 3-4 meals a day, in equal parts. Or 3 main meals and 1 extra (second breakfast or afternoon snack).
There are many low carb recipes waiting for you on blogs and bookshelves. Set your mind - and follow the recommendations with confidence! Weight loss and well-being will not be long in coming.
Conclusion:Every meal = protein + fat + low carb vegetables. The target amount of carbohydrates per day is in the range of 25-50 grams.
Step 3: Athletic gymnastics 3 times a week
This is not a critical need, but will be a desirable addition to a successful configuration.
Simple simple: 3-4 strength training per week, according to the classic algorithm, warm-up - weight lifting - stretching.
For starters this is a great way to get word out that your coach is a good trainer. Then all the necessary exercises will be explained in detail in real time - along the way. You remember! Weighted gymnastics requires careful technique. This is the only way to avoid injuries and get results quickly.
Many studies show an interesting fact. Weight gain provides not so much specific calorie loss during exercise, but a powerful boost to speed up post-workout metabolism - for more than 24 hours!
For young people, gaining muscle is also an important gift.
However, if strength machines, barrels and a barbell are categorically unacceptable to you, then focus on moderate-intensity aerobic exercise - continuously for 40 minutes. Brisk walking, running, step gymnastics, etc.
Summary:The best solution for physical education is strength training with weight resistance. If not, then aerobic exercise will also work for success. The main thing is to move! Regularly and actively - 3-4 times a week.
Moreover: carbohydrate discharge once a week
For many people, the ideal day to expand the menu towards carbohydrates is Sunday.
When using such a weekend, you should refrain from very harmful sugars (sweets, pastries, ice cream). But you have a window for healthy carbohydrates - cereals (buckwheat, millet, rice), potatoes, fruits.
However, it is worth remembering once and for all - only 1 day a week. By increasing the number of loads, you are moving away from your goal of a lean body without excess fat under the skin.
Consider another unavoidable circumstance: often immediately after loading you will gain 1-2 pounds. However, after returning to the normal flow of nutrition, this weight will quickly go away, as it mainly consists of water retained in the tissues.
Conclusion:Once a week, you can (though not required) make a carbohydrate anomaly in your diet using healthy sources rich in fiber and nutrients.
What about calories and serving sizes?
Attention for all those interested! Typically, on a low carb diet, you do not need to count calories and strictly control portion sizes. Intrigued? This idea is based on a healthy logic: in the case of the ideal mix of "protein + fat + vegetable salad from low glycemic vegetables" it is very difficult to overdo it with food in terms of calories and volume.
But if you desperately want to count calories, then use an online calculator, for example, using your cell phone. This is the fastest, most accurate and most convenient way.
Summary:Regardless of your calorie decisions, keep in focus your main goal - to reduce carbs to 25-50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
Some other secrets for fast weight loss
Also take a closer look at 7 scientifically proven tips:
- Drink plenty of water.Accelerating metabolism and the rate of loss of excess fat mass are the main advantages of an adequate drinking regimen. On average, 1 kilogram of weight should have 25-30 ml of clean water. Use the Japanese way: in the morning, immediately after waking up, we drink 200-300 ml of water. Divide the rest of the water into 3 bottles and keep it with you. During sedentary work, we place the bottle on the table in front of our eyes and drink occasionally. So between meals, you can quietly drink the entire daily volume.
- Drink tea and coffee.These drinks have been proven to boost metabolism. Up to 3 teaspoons of non-slip coffee is an average daily dose acceptable to coffee lovers.
- Lots of protein for breakfast.Provides high satiety and a long absence of hunger. Increases the rate of weight loss by up to 36% compared to those who do not add protein to breakfast.
- Fiber in the diet.Increasing the amount of soluble and insoluble fiber is a direct path to rapid weight loss, including an emphasis on visceral fat (this is excess fat within the body, a key marker of which is the deposition of fat betweenof the trunk, especially in the anterior abdominal wall).
- Fat burning products. . . Lists of such products can be found on many pages. In general, these are most often vegetables, green tea, sour milk and some fruits, densely saturated with beneficial nutrients.
- Small plates. . . The method is simple and works for most. Any serving looks solid on a shallow plate. Add to the plate a time-consuming cutlery like Chinese chopsticks and meal time will be significantly extended. The satiety signal will have time to enter the brain and you will not need to struggle with yourself to leave the table in time. You will easily stop eating because you will be full!
- Get enough sleep. . . Everything is simple and has long been proven by medicine: the hormone ghrelin increases hunger and is actively produced during periods of lack of sleep. In addition, the production of leptin, which is responsible for the feeling of fullness, is reduced. A chain of successive events is inevitable: no sleep at least 7-8 hours a day - no "will" to comply with restrictions due to a strong feeling of hunger - an excess of fat mass and lack of confidencein them skills. So get enough sleep to break this vicious circle!
How fast can you lose weight?
In the first week after switching to the nutritional system described above, a person loses from 2. 5 to 5 pounds of his or her original body weight. In the following weeks, the weight loss rate fluctuates in the region of 1-2. 5 kg.
Moreover, the classic rules for healthy physiology also work:
- Newcomers to dieting efforts lose weight faster.
- For experienced heroes, the effort to lose weight is slower.
- Those with large excesses also have faster steps compared to their less fat counterparts.
However, everyone is losing weight!
For the first time (up to a week), it is worth considering a somewhat strange state of health. This is an indisputable given in switching to burning your fat reserves to ensure vital body functions.
Many people on a low carb diet report increased energy, vigor, optimism, no episodes of fatigue and drowsiness, and the persistence of these positive manifestations from day to day.
Despite the perennial stubbornness of nutritionists in their recommendations to reduce fat, the other way - reducing carbohydrates - leads to quite measurable positive consequences:
- Normalize blood sugar levels.
- Decreased triglyceride levels.
- Low-density ("bad") cholesterol.
- Increased high-density ("good") cholesterol.
- Stabilization of blood pressure within normal limits.
And the most joyful benefit is that when carbohydrates are low, the diet is easier to follow! This means, mentally, emotionally and physically, you will feel better than if you remove fat regardless of carbohydrates.
So the health benefits are harmonization of carbohydrate and fat metabolism and good mental and somatic well-being.
You do not need to starve to lose weight!
A special warning for all people with any type of chronic disease: check with your doctor before dieting!
Above, we have listed the main benefits of a low carb diet. Now you know how to lose weight, and not just fast, but 2-3 times faster than on more balanced diets that require calorie counting and fat restriction.
Medical science has received a lot of evidence that a low carb diet restores hormonal balance in the direction of a fat burning vector. We have amassed evidence to improve overall health. We know hundreds of thousands of estimates for well-being in the process of such a diet, for a high feeling of satiety, for an increase in vitality and increase efficiency. This is why our answer to the question "how to lose weight quickly and effectively at home" is a low carb diet.